Who We Are
St. James' motto is: Inviting In, Reaching Out
- We welcome you where you are, with questions, with hopes, with doubts, and with your positve and negative experiences of church.
- We believe that reaching out to those in need is an integral part of who we are as a faith community.
- Our church doors are open Monday - Friday so that anyone can come in and pray, think, or be in a place of peace.
- We host fifteen 12 Step Groups a week.
- We are a diverse community of all ages, economic backgrounds, educational levels, and sexual orientations.
History of St. James
- St. James is the second oldest church building in downtown Wooster. In 2016, we will be celebrating our 175th anniversary as a parish.
Prayer for St James Parish at its 150th Anniversary.
"Almighty and everlasting God, who didst move Thy servants in times past to establish and sustain this parish of St James: Grant us grace so to follow their good example that we in our time may fulfill Thy will for us by knowing, loving and serving Thee and Thy people; through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen."