Who We Are
St. James' motto is: Inviting In, Reaching Out
- We welcome you where you are, with questions, with hopes, with doubts, and with your positve and negative experiences of church.
- We believe that reaching out to those in need is an integral part of who we are as a faith community.
Our Statement of Inclusivity
Saint James Episcopal Church is a community of people who have experienced God's expansive love in Jesus Christ. God welcomes everyone, and so do we: lesbian, bisexual, gay, straight, transgender, non-binary, cisgender, single, partnered, divorced, married; of whatever age, religious views, political orientation, ability, income, education, and racial, ethnic, or national identity. All are one in Jesus Christ; therefore, all are welcome here. YOU are welcome!
- Our church doors are open Monday - Friday so that anyone can come in and pray, think, or be in a place of peace.
- We host fifteen 12 Step Groups a week.
- We are a diverse community of all ages, economic backgrounds, educational levels, and sexual orientations.
History of St. James
- St. James is the second oldest church building in downtown Wooster. The church has been in existance since 1851.
Prayer for St James Parish at its 150th Anniversary.
"Almighty and everlasting God, who didst move Thy servants in times past to establish and sustain this parish of St James: Grant us grace so to follow their good example that we in our time may fulfill Thy will for us by knowing, loving and serving Thee and Thy people; through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen."